5 Reasons to Reconnect with Friends
It’s always sweet to hear from an old friend
This past week, I was fortunate to reconnect with several friends in the Nashville area. A lunch, a coffee, and a home visit with different friends stoked the fires of friendship and reminded me how grateful I am for these relationships. Here are 5 reasons to reconnect with your friends:
1. To laugh. First of all, funny things happened. One of the most likely things you will do is laugh about something that happened years ago. Amazingly, these things are still funny when you talk about them with the people with whom you shared the experience.
2. To remember. Hard times, challenges, accomplishments. You remember. You need to remember and realize the perspective you have gained.
3. To express gratitude. People have made a difference in your life. Take the opportunity to say thank you.
4. To encourage. Listen and learn about their new circumstances and developments in life. Remind them of the best you know about them and offer encouragement for their present endeavors.
5. To rekindle. Sometimes friendships may lie dormant for years only to experience a rekindling that turns the page to a whole new chapter in the friendship.
So think of someone you treasure, someone from years past. Reach out and reconnect. You’ll be glad you did!
Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.