Intentional Growth 2018
More about the new year
If you have a system that works, keep it up! But perhaps, these thoughts will add some value or new dimensions to how you think about intentional growth this year.
Think about growing in these areas:
1. Spiritual. This is a great area for an incremental or rhythmic goal. For instance, I create time and space for a day of prayer once a month. In reality, most of these are not “days”, but rather a few hours. Still, this habit has become a a touchpoint of spiritual peace for me.
2. Physical. While you may have a mega-goal of running a 5k or losing 10 pounds, you will do well to pursue smaller daily and weekly marks such as eating 7 servings of fruit/veggies per day or exercising 3 days per week.
3. Financial. Once again, small, consistent steps yield large dividends. And, the peace you enjoy from good fiscal management is hard to overestimate.
4. Relational. Who are your most important people? In the end, what would you say you wish you would have done with these people? Do that this year!
5. Vocational. What is the next level of your best in your work? End each day saying to yourself, “I did my best today.”
6. Recreational. Vacations, sports, arts, outdoors adventures and more. Is there some recreational goal that you have this year?
7. Service-oriented. Whose life will you make better this year? What helping organization will you support with your time, energy, and money?
8. Creative. From whittling and painting to cooking and playing music, consider utilizing or re-awakening your creative energy this year.
Perhaps these thoughts will prod your thinking as you generate goals within your own system for 2018! I wish you well in the new year!
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.